Tyler Jeffrey Miracle
December 18, 2009
3:49 PM
7 lbs. 7 ozs.
19.5 inches

I decided to work all day long and then go to dinner with Jenn and Mercedes for their birthdays. I was a little tired when I left the house headed for dinner but I wanted out and I was going to see the girls. We had yummy yummy mexican food and I headed home around 10. Jeff had fallen asleep on the couch so being the good wife I am, I left him there and went to bed. Around 2:00 am I woke up with a little pain and went to get water. I woke Jeff up and he came into the room. Around 2:30 the pain started to get bad enough I was rolling around whining and Jeff was thinking he might want to get up. So I ran and got the baby books and looked up contractions and labor....well it said take a hot shower, so i jumped in! It seemed to be working until I got out. At that point I had Jeff start timing when the contractions were coming. (what are contractions, scheduled C-Sections do not get contractions) Well they appeared to be 5 minutes apart, so we grabbed the trusty I-Phone and downloaded a contractions applications, well when I got that done and started timing I was 2 and 1/2 minutes apart....so Jeff called Dad and Conita to come get Abbi (4:00 am). Early yes, but I needed them! They got to the house about 20 minutes later and Jeff and I took off to Summerlin Hospital.
The hospital was packed, so we got to hang out in the Triage room for the next 13 hours. I would like everyone to know you want drugs when you are in labor. Get the drugs. I did not get to and it is not worth it to lay there hurting. TAKE THE DRUGS! Jeff called everyone at around 6 to tell them what was going on, mom had left the day before for Newport Beach and wouldn't you know she said "don't go into labor before I get back" well.....she got to drive home early! My doctor decided that he did not want me to have Tyler so they started to give me shots to stop the contractions those worked for about an hour each time and then they came back full force, so they decided to do an amniocentesis to make sure Tyler's lungs were developed. You have to score a 50 or above, our little one 91 plus. He was ready and coming. So they scheduled me for 3:30 that afternoon.
Here we are right before heading into the delivery room.....They took me in first and did all the prep. Once I was ready Jeff got to come in and they started cutting. It is amazing how quickly they take them out. We were in a just before 3:30 and Tyler was born at 3:49 pm.
He was 7lbs 7ozs and 19.5 inches long
Daddy got to go take photos and see him while my anesthesiologist "took care of me." FYI they were listening to Sublime on the radio the whole time.
Here we are! I love that the doctors are still working in the background
(dr. jones on the left and dr. zeluff on the right)
Daddy and his boy
Tyler's First bath
We are out of the surgery and ready for all of our visitors!
Grandma Soozi
Grandpa Walker
Uncle Matt
My daddy.
Uncle Chase
Taylor and Chase
Tyler's first bottle
Dr. Nishihara (the pediatrician) came to check him out that night.
he was "perfect"
When all was said and done the whole thing was a lot easier the second time then the first. We knew what we were in for. We spent the next three days in the hospital. The experience as a whole was great, except because of the swine flu Abigail never got to come and see us. It was really hard to be apart from her for so long, but she got to spend all of her time with Grandpa and Oma and Grandpa and Grandma Walker. Life is good when you are spoiled rotten by all of them!
1 comments:
Congratulations!!! Tyler is precious.
Post a Comment