Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Abbi's First Day of Preschool
Abbi started her first day of school today.

Abbi was very excited to go until yesterday at 4 when she realized that mommy does not stay with you all day. This did not go over to well, but she was still ok. This morning she got out of bed and came running in saying "time for school!" So.....we got our hair done and dressed. We had to take a baby with us, but I was told that the "baby could stay in the car, it was ok."

We went into the school and the kids were already out playing on the toys so Abbi got to Meet her teacher Miss Karen, we saw her cubby hole, and her Rolie Polie (you sleep on this) and then headed to the playground. Miss Karen was nice enough to take us out there to meet the assistant, who took Abbi's hand and they were off to tour the playground. She did not shed any tears, but I think came close when she knew that I had to leave.

She did tell me that "maybe Gail Gail needed her to help with breakfast",
when that did not work, she said "maybe grandma wanted her to go swimming",
then she decided that "Oma needs me to feed the chickens" :-)

We made it through, I had to cry when I got outside, but she is "Big Now, and Big Girls go to school."

1 comments:

Da Baums said...

So big!! Preschool already oh my where does time go?